GRAIN LOVES RAIN
- artist residency with public workshops & performance
- Curated by Ríonach Ní Néill & Jeni Roddy
- Thanks to Áras Éanna Inis Oírr; Athenry 2020; Gliondar, Athenry Community Arts Group; Athenry Heritage Centre, Tribal Foods Galway
- Suitable for:
- All ages (under 16s accompanied by adult)
- 10.03.2020 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Áras Éanna, Inis Oírr, Galway
As Spring comes to Galway, join Ukrainian artists PROSO in sowing the seeds of your own wearable field of baby greens. Grain loves Rain is a wearable piece of nature for a rainy climate. It is a fragile ecosystem on the go, which requires care and love. You need to feed it, and it eats rain.
Winners of the Weatherproof Me! International Design Competition, Dasha Tsapenko and Nazar Gresko together make up PROSO, an Amsterdam-based architecture, art and design atelier. They invite us to cherish our greens, to come together and embrace the rain.
Join them in their 2 week residency in Galway, learn to grow and care for your own rain-cape of sprouted grains, and join in communal strolls in the rain to water them. See the fields walk in Gliondar’s performance at the Athenry St Patrick’s Day Parade. Participants will appear as jewels of emerald green in Galway's rain and wind, as they bring a piece of nature into town.
Admission by application only to firstname.lastname@example.org